A research study demonstrating that across major conurbations in the UK, Outdoor advertising and in particular transport advertising is the most welcomed. The study proved that consumers who spend the most time out and about are the most valuable audience to advertisers.
The study consisted of an online quantitative survey of over 4,000 UK consumers. 1,000 consumers from each of the following markets:
- Tyne Tees
- South West and Wales
CBS Outdoor media combats ad avoidance
- 79% of consumers prefer Buses and 65% prefer National Rail with advertising. This compares to only 8% prefer Radio and 18% prefer Press with advertising.
- 53% of consumers have followed up Outdoor adverts they’ve seen – proof of direct response-driven campaigns.
The value of consumers on the move
Highly mobile ‘consumers on the move’ are more likely to:
- Spend freely
- Be adventurous and try new products they’ve seen advertised
- Shop spontaneously and impulsively
- Be at their most alert, active and enquiring
A few facts from the study. Consumers on the move are…
- 14% more likely to spend more than they should
- 16% more likely to claim to be impulsive spenders
- more than twice as likely to be regular theatre or cinema-goers
- 50% more likely to buy clothes at least once a week
- 22% more likely to buy a car in the next year
- 21% more likely to enrol on a part time course in the next year
- 38% more likely to look for a new job in the next year
- 30% more likely to change or review their bank account in the next year
- 28% more likely to buy white goods in the next year